All locations have free wireless access for users with their own laptops or portable devices.
PLEASE READ COMPUTER STATION POLICIES
A library card issued in your own name is required to log in to a computer station. It is not required to use the library catalog stations.
Individuals who have a library card but do not have the card with them can obtain, with proper identification, their library card number from Circulation staff.
The total amount of computer use time allowed per day varies at the different libraries, Please contact the library you plan to use to find out the maximum computer time allowed.
A fifteen (15) minute wait between sessions is required before individuals can log in to another station.
Violating the time limit policy by either using more than one library card (even if permission was granted by owner of library card), or any other means to circumvent time limits will result in loss of computer privileges. The library reserves the right to monitor computer use time.
A station can be placed on pause for up to ten minutes. The time will continue to countdown even when paused.
Installing or downloading software is not permitted.
Computers automatically shutdown before the library closes.
The library does not assume responsibility for identity theft or any invasion of privacy that may result from using the Internet.
Library computers may not be used for any illegal activity including but not limited to:
- Damaging or altering computer equipment, systems or software
- Viewing, printing or sending any material that is obscene*
- Threatening or harassing library staff or patrons
- Downloading or installing any harmful program defined as, but not limited to: spyware, viruses, Trojans, malware, or any other illegal utility on any computer
**VIOLATING POLICES CAN RESULT IN LOSS OF PRIVILEGES AS FOLLOWS:
- First violation, loss of computer privileges for the day.
- Second violation, loss of computer privileges for three days.
- Third violation, loss of computer privileges for seven days.
- Fourth violation, loss of computer privileges for thirty days.
- Fifth violation, loss of computer privileges for sixty days.
- Violations beyond this will result in loss of computer privileges for six (6) months.
Print copies are $0.15 per page. Please do a Print Preview before printing, as all copies requested from a station must be paid for.
Print copies may be picked up at the checkout deskhttp://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Search.aspx Texas Penal Code, Chapter 43, subchapter B.